Saturday, August 23, 2008

Got my iPhone 3G - Love it, but why the US number format?

Absolutely love the iPhone 3G - the design and user interface is amazing. Syncing it with contacts from p900 worked like a charm, downloaded my entire music library, it synced email, and did everything on its own! The entire process went very smooth.

But what did they do with phone number formatting?!! It has US style formatting even though the international setting is Swedish. It is almost impossible to decipher the numbers - did I enter the correct number or not?

08 123 45 67 becomes 081 345 567 (sigh).

Telia's iPhone 3G pages says nothing about support - but refers to apple's pages. Apple on the other hand, refers to Telia for repair. I guess the packaging for Sweden is done by Apple - so this must be their problem. I reported this as "a bug" on apple's feedback pages.... wonder what will happen next...

Love everything about the device except:

  • US phone number formatting of Swedish numbers
  • Why does it take so damned long to sync when I just synced 5 minutes ago and nothing has changed in contacts (syncing contacts takes for ever - or at least that is what iTunes says...)?
  • Would like to see the photos of my contacts in the Favourites list
  • Battery life is a bit short...

No comments: